Friday Favorites- Haircut Edition

Friday, August 30, 2013
Happy Friday!  

TGIF.  Did anyone else think this was a long week?  

Still, I have some fun favorites this week, so let's get to it! 

New Favorite:

I've done it.  I have succumbed to the 'mom bob.'  

But, here's the irony: I didn't do it because it is easier than long hair, precisely the opposite.  My long hair was too easy to toss into a bun every.single.day.  My husband could probably count on one hand the number of times my hair has been down and styled for a full day... Not cute.  

So I found a new hairdresser, asked her to channel Giuliana Rancic's new mommy hair, and said bye-bye to 6 inches. 


Hello, mom bob. 

Baby's Favorite Outing: Petsmart

We have three furry babies that require frequent trips to Petsmart.  Fortunately, it has become the easiest errand to run with Lu.  Who needs a zoo when you can spend a few minutes by the fish, birds, and gross rodent creatures?  Free entertainment and I get to teach Lu animal sounds in front of strangers.



Here is Lu pointing out a big white bird.  

Fav New Drink: 

I hosted a little get together after the first day back for my teacher friends.  I threw together a pretty cocktail with what I had in the house, and it was pretty darn delicious!  In honor of the gathering, I'm calling it the Back-to-School-Tini:

Mix 2 tbsp simple syrup, 6 sliced strawberries, 1 sliced nectarine- let sit in a pitcher for one hour.  Add a good pour (3-4 ounces?) of Midori and 1 bottle sparkling wine (I used Cava).  



This would make an easy and refreshing addition to any Labor Day BBQ.  Enjoy! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Leave a comment here...

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design