First Birthday Bash

Monday, August 5, 2013
Happy Monday!  Our little Lu turns ONE on Wednesday so we celebrated with first birthday festivities on Saturday.  It was so much fun to see her surrounded by loving family and friends!  She was such a happy good girl and didn't get overwhelmed at all during the party- what more can you ask for?!

I used paper straws and this invitation for my purple & orange party scheme.  I didn't want a themey-theme for her first birthday.  



We wanted the party to be fun for kids and adults alike (isn't a first birthday really for the adults anyway?), and with a perfect weather forecast we planned for the festivities to all be outside.  Sand table, mini-badminton, and croquet made for a real collection of lawn games.  Here are a few pics of our relaxed backyard set-up:





I used minimal decorations- mainly flowers, balloons, tissue poms, and colorful tablecloths.  Why try to compete with the sunshiny natural decor? :)

I also added a few fun DIY details that I will share over the course of this week.  



The simplest one that Lu enjoyed the most was her "1" Smash Cake.  Her very own chocolate cake?!  Of course she was thrilled!


I made sure to take off her party dress before it got messy.


Needless to say, after a week of party prep and a long party day our Sunday at home looked like this... 


Hope you had an equally festive and fun weekend! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Leave a comment here...

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design