Homemade Applesauce

Wednesday, September 18, 2013
I told you about how we got a big load of apples and pears Here.  The first thing I did was make two big batches of applesauce.  

It is super easy, and makes your house smell like fall as it simmers away.  Mmmm.  

I've combined a few different recipes to make one that works for me:

15 medium-sized apples (peeled, cored, quartered)
1 1/2 cups apple cider
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 cinnamon sticks
Dash of nutmeg

Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes.  Discard the cinnamon sticks and mash (with potato masher) in the pot.  This makes about 4 cups.  You can serve it warm, cold, or freeze it for later.  



Apples are in season so get peeling.  No need to buy GoGo Squeez applesauce for the next few months! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Leave a comment here...

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design