Gourmet Lunch in 7 minutes

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

We came home from running errands the other day and I was starrrrrrving.  In a moment of divine culinary inspiration I threw together the following from what I had in the fridge and it was delicious.  I just had to share this impromptu creation!

Sauteed Vegetables & Gnocchi in Goat Cheese Sauce... In 7 minutes! 





Ingredients: 
10-12 Gnocchi (mine was leftover from dinner, if you have frozen cook according to instructions)
Cherry tomatoes (halved)
Baby eggplant (sliced)
2/3 cup chicken stock
Goat cheese
Fresh herbs

Heat some oil in a pan and sauté the tomatoes & eggplant for 2-3 minutes.  Add s&p to taste.  Add the chicken stock and simmer 1 minute.  Last, add gnocchi and stir in goat cheese (I used about 2 tbsp) until the sauce is thickened.  Top with fresh herbs (I used basil).  Devour with a large spoon.  I'm serious. 

You could change up with leftover cooked chicken, pasta, or any type of fresh vegetables.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Leave a comment here...

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design