Friday Favorites- Beach House Edition

Friday, July 12, 2013
Happy Friday from the Sunshine State!

While the husband holds down the fort back home, Lu and I are busy boosting the beachy-vibe at my parents' second home in Venice, Florida.  She is loving the bonding time with her Nana!  

Here are our favorite things at the half-way mark in our remodeling/relaxing girls week.

Favorite Baby Beach Accessory: 

My obsession with the Honest Company continues.  I bought their reusable swim diaper in size large (for the not-so-little one) at the beginning of the summer and LOVE it.  Lulu got an awful diaper rash from the name brand swim diapers on our beach vaca in April, but not this time!  You just wash it with the rest of your laundry.  Bonus- it is cute enough to use without a swimsuit!  Check it out Here.

Why is a potbelly so adorable on a baby?!  Love her.


Favorite Painting Tool: 

On day 2 we redecorated and painted the guest bath and living room.  (More details on that in a later post!)  My mom picked up this Wooster Shortcut 2-inch angled rubber handle brush at Home Depot for cutting-in.  Amazing find!  The handle is short and flexible.  This will change your (painting) life- I mean it.



Favorite Shopping Score:  Discontinued Designer Fabric Samples at JoAnn Fabrics

They are on sale right now... For $1.  Seriously.  Originally $54.99 per yard squares that you can use to recover a chair, or pillow, or wall art- yes, please!

My mom grabbed these samples to turn into pillows for the newly painted beach house living room. 




 I grabbed a bunch for my own house too, but you have to wait and see them once they have been used! 

And of course, another favorite this week would have to be the Gulf Coast sunshine.  It is actually cooler and less humid than New England.  Perfect for sipping a cold wine spritzer!  Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Leave a comment here...

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design