Another excuse to go to Starbucks!

Tuesday, July 9, 2013
(As if you really need another reason...)

It will help your garden!  Yep, you heard that right.  

A great gardening tip is mixing used coffee grounds into your soil.  Plants like hydrangeas, blueberries, and azaleas like the high acidity.  You can also add coffee grounds to a compost pile if you have one (I don't...yet).  

I reserve my own morning coffee grounds, but I had recently read on a garden site that you can request them at Starbucks- for free!  



Or, you may just find an overflowing offering bin!  

I grabbed one of the free bags this weekend and started feeding my newly planted Blue Wave Lacecap hydrangea. 



Go run out to Starbucks and get some free coffee grounds- and an iced nonfat caramel macchiato while you are in there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Leave a comment here...

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design