Sassy Scarf Swap

Thursday, October 3, 2013
Let me start by saying, I love reading another blog getting inspired and thinking, "I should do that!"  

This happened a few weeks ago when I read about an annual scarf exchange over at Mix and Match Mama.  While reading her post my mind immediately started racing with thoughts of how quickly I could organize this with my own friends... we all love a cute scarf... and it was such a clever idea! 

Side note:  When I told my husband this idea his reaction was, "if I wanted a new tie, I'd just buy it myself."  Girls' night it is! 

I sent out an evite and the Sassy Scarf Swap was born.  It works like a Yankee swap, but everyone was instructed to bring a new wrapped scarf to swap (steal).  I also suggested a $20 spending range- to keep everyone on the same page! 

We all have such good taste (or are too polite?) that only one person swapped her scarf!  


I would highly recommend this as a festive fall girls' night, or even a good theme for a holiday season Yankee swap. 

It was a great excuse to get together on a Tuesday night and sip wine and hot cider!  Of course I had to throw together some fall treats, like chili-biscuits and individual apple tarts.  Yum! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Leave a comment here...

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design