Pumpkin Pecan Bread

Sunday, October 13, 2013
Happy Columbus Day!  

I'm sharing my interpretation of a classic breakfast bread with this month's seasonal ingredient (pumpkin!).  Don't forget to check out my other seasonal ingredient recipes this month for Pumpkin Walnut Butterscotch Cookies and Easy Peasy Pumpkin Pancakes.

I used this recipe as my pumpkin bread base, but changed the seasoning and added a pecan crunch.  

Forget bacon- Isn't everything better with pecans?! :)


Pumpkin Pecan Bread (makes 2 large loaves)

Ingredients:
3 cups sugar
1 cup veg. oil
4 eggs lightly beaten
1 can pumpkin purée
3 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
2/3 cup water 
1 cup chopped pecans 

Preheat your oven to 350 and spray 2 loaf pans with nonstick spray.  Combine dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl and set aside.  In a large bowl stir together the sugar and oil.  Add eggs and pumpkin.  Slowly add the dry blend and water, alternating back and forth. (A little dry, a little water, a little dry...)  Last, add your pecans then divide the batter between the 2 prepared pans.  Cook for approximately 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.  

Fair warning:  I gave a loaf to a friend (who happens to be pregnant) and she texted me to say it was "like crack" and she couldn't stop eating it.  Pregnancy binge or is it really that good??  Answer: It really is that good.  

Enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what you're talking about...that bread was TERRIBLE. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Leave a comment here...

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design