Kid Picnic Table Face-lift

Tuesday, June 11, 2013
This may seem like a self-explanatory post, but I am so thrilled with the results that I just had to share...so please humor me, share in my amazing-deal-gloating, and keep reading!

I managed to score this Step2 Picnic Table at a yard sale on Saturday for $5.  Yes, $5!  And it was a church yard sale so I didn't even negotiate (more on my new crazy-yard-sale-lady ways in a future post).  I didn't even finish looking around because I wanted to get this in the car before anyone else spotted it. 



You can see that the table was lovingly used by another child who enjoyed painting...no problem!  I knew I could give this table a quick face-lift with a little spray paint.  I taped off the  areas where the table-top and seats connected to the base using blue painter's tape.  I sprayed the table-top first and then sprayed the seats second.  And here it is! 



I have to give credit to my husband for picking which colors to use: Rustoleum Ultra Cover Green Apple (top) and French Lilac (seats).

Total cost for this project (table & new cans spray paint): $11!  You can find the same table new for $99 Here.  I think Lu likes her upcycled version just fine! 


...And her little dog too! :)



My plan is to bring it indoors this winter as a play table.  

Did I mention it was only $5?!  






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Leave a comment here...

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design