Friday Favorites- Memorial Day Edition

Friday, May 31, 2013
Happy Friday!  

I always lose track of what day it is after a holiday weekend (especially now that I'm home every day)... and then suddenly it is Friday again!  Please tell me I'm not the only one who gets thrown...  

Here is a wrap-up of the things that kept us smiling through the holiday weekend and late-week heat!

Favorite New Recipe: Steel-cut Oatmeal and Blueberry Muffins

The original recipe here makes 12 muffins.  It sounded a bit dry, so I substituted 3/4 cup of milk, 1/4 cup vegetable oil and 1 egg  for the 1/3 cup olive oil.  Also, I used 1 cup blueberries (not raisins), and added a few chocolate chips on top of half (for adults only!) before baking.  They were hearty and delicious!  





Lu couldn't wrap her fingers around them fast enough!

Fav #2: Home-grown Buttercrunch lettuce

This is my second year growing lettuce in my vegetable garden and it is fool-proof.  It is an early-season plant so you get to enjoy home-grown veggies right away!  I usually pull up the roots once it bolts and plant something else in the same spot- this way I get double use of my small garden bed.  



Fav #3: Essie Tarte Deco nail polish

I have an obsession.  It is the perfect coral-pinky-orange and I can't stop myself from using it again and again.  You can get it Here.

Fav #4: Daddy-Daughter moments

The pictures say it all.  






Love them to pieces. 


1 comment:

  1. Now I will be forced to follow a BLOG! Mom

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Leave a comment here...

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design