What to take to a party when the host says don't bring anything...

Monday, February 3, 2014
Aside from the obligatory bottle of wine, of course! ;)


We were invited to a neighbor's house for a casual Super Bowl party and told "no need to bring anything."  I could never show up empty-handed, but flowers or some other hostess type gift just didn't seem appropriate.  Especially considering I'd be taking Lu home to bed after only an hour while the husband stayed behind...

I decided to make a breakfast bread.  Not Super Bowlish at all, I know.  Here's my logic: I hate it when we host and I (undoubtedly) make too much food knowing people will also bring stuff... then it gets thrown away after sitting for hours on the table.   But, I hate even more the next day when you suddenly realize you need to cook all over again.  

Wouldn't it be nice to at least have breakfast taken care of?!





I used this Williams-Sonoma recipe for Lemon-Blueberry Bread, but I did not add the syrup or drizzle icing.  I wanted to keep it simple, but the sweeter version does sound good for an afternoon appetizer with tea.  

Tie on a thank you note and I think it looks much better than another seven-layer-nacho dip.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Leave a comment here...

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design